Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Acceptance

Acceptance that I struggle with waiting. 

Acceptance that what I desire isn't in God's plan right now. 

Acceptance that we are who we are and we don't need to live up to the standards of others. 

Acceptance that I look like what I look like, if you don't like it, don't look. Sometimes its the "Square Pumpkin" that saves the day.

Acceptance that I come from where I come from and my experiences have been mine alone.  I own them and I accept that.  I welcome the fact that my experiences have created the person I am.  I wouldn't be a Christian with out them.  I have not always been a Christian, in fact much of my life I was not one. 

I guess the point is that we constantly are growing.  No matter what, we grow.  We can grow in the direction of the light, or not.  When we look at plants we can see what direction provides better for the needs of the plant.  The plant seeks the light, and so do I.  If you don't like it and think I am too "preachy" you have another option you know, if you can't accept me for who I am. 

This journey I have been on has been a long one.  It's sure to continue for the foreseeable future, and I accept that.  In fact, I welcome it!  The alternative is to hard to contemplate.  It would surely hurt my head. 

Friday I plan to talk about how I have struggled and questioned recently.  Not questioned the existence of God, but rather His purpose for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!