Monday, June 24, 2013

Keep on movin'....

This past couple weeks have been fraught with tension, unknowns, pitfalls, and sinkholes.  Is it any wonder I face writing with some trepidation as I form the words to remain upbeat and positive when I sometimes feel anything but? 

All this being said, I see God's hand in our lives, gently guiding and steering our little family.  Despite pain, anguish, and brief heartache God is showing His will for our lives.  Our prayer continues to be that our will matches His.  I would rather my will matches God's than try to bend his will to mine. 

2 Peter 3:9 says "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

I have read that verse many times.  God will always keep His promises.  Man may make a promise but something might come up that was unforeseen to keep even a honest well meaning person from keeping a promise.

There is one verse of  the hymn Standing on the Promises of God that goes like this:
 
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.


When we rely on God and His word to us, we can prevail even when the storms of life threaten to intervene and overtake us.   Fear can be thick and deep, but God's will NOT be dissuaded from the course He has set for each of us.  When He makes a promise, He keeps it.   "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28-29  God provides a safe harbor for us if we seek him.  Its hard, I know this.  I struggle with giving my soul rest and letting God do the work He promised me, if I just have a little faith. 

In my daughter I see the faith God requires of us.  He often uses her voice to speak wise words to me.  "Be still Kim.  Rest your eyes and mind and focus on what is now.  Don't worry about tomorrow.  I wish only good things for you and your family.  BE STILL"  Or the simply truths like "Mommy, its what God had set aside for us."  when I might have doubts.  She's right.  We have prayed for His will.  He will keep his promise that if we ask, have faith, we shall move mountains.  Maybe our mountains are pretty small, but God still cares.

Its been a rough month.  I am learning, with a lot of bumps and bruises, to rely on Him in all things.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!