Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Smashing Pumpkins

Never ever undertake a hard task when you are dealing with a lot of life changes and expect that there wont be a few hick-ups.  There will be, there's some sort of law about it or something.  Yep.  A LAW! 

As you might recall I undertook the Orange Rhino Pledge.  I seceded for almost six (6) days.  SIX WONDERFUL days.  I thought it was going to be easy peasy.....  Nope......  I can make excuses but at the end of the day you know what they are.... EXCUSES.  Its been hard to get back up on that rhino again, but I am, and so onward I tread.  Plodding.  Shaking the caked on mud trying to drag me further into the mire.  Its like a cement weight, but our lives are better for it.  Well, my life and outlook are better.  I can't speak for Hubs.  I know Bear is happier.  So instead of yelling, I may just get mad and talk to the toilet.  I can't hurt the toilet with words I can't take back. 

I failed.  I admit it.  BUT I am getting back up on that bronco pony and firming my grip.  It will not beat me.  Dale Carnegie said "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."   Its true, isn't it? 

Its been a very wild and woolly few weeks, actually the last 6 months, as we prepared ourselves to put our home on the market.  It sold in about three weeks, a fraction of the time that we figured it would take.  In the process of trying to find a new house we got involved in a couple bidding wars.  Good homes that aren't shortsale are hard to find.  We finally bid on one.  It wasn't in the section of town I dreamed of.  But when we were notified that we won the offer Bear's first comment, as she looked at me with such earnestness said, "Mommy, its the house God set aside for us."  WOW.....  yeah, that puts it in perspective.  We were praying for God's will not ours and here He gave us a house.  Maybe not as big as we wanted, or as fancy as we wanted but He met our needs.  We have a large yard, several thousand more feet than what we currently have and we will be able to grow and even have a fruit tree or two.


I took Saturday afternoon to relax for about two hours watching Bear play in the front yard (back here at the WhiteHouse).  I knew it was possibly my last big chance to swing and enjoy the yard.  It has the feeling of a old garden that has been here for decades.  My neighbors seen me outside and joined me while our children played a rousing game of hide-n-seek.  We will miss our friends when we move.  Yes we promise to give our address, but we know in reality, once we move our lives--theirs and ours--will go forward on paths that no longer connect.  We will make new connections with new neighbors.  We will move on, because that is what we do.  We over come, we look ahead, and we know that this is not a closing door but a opening one. 

A new chapter is unfurling and is waiting to be read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!