Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun Escapes

This was a short week.  We spent part of it in Ground Mound at Great Wolf Lodge, slipping and sliding our way into lots of fun.  However that is not to say we neglected learning.  It was a slow learning week, but we still got a few studies in. 
 
Books Read:

  • Bernstein Bears (another book with several stories in it)
  • Uncle Arthur Bed Time Stories
  • 1-2-3 God and Me
 
Starting this coming week we have plans to read Sarah's New World.  A chapter book about pilgrims, by Coleen Reece, It's Thanksgiving by Jack Prelutsky, and Thanksgiving Mice by Bethany Roberts.

In my life this past week… homework for me, lots and lots of homework.....  but some fun too.
 
In our homeschool this past week… We have made our Thanksgiving Turkey...  I think it looks like a turkey.  I tried anyway.  *grin*  We have worked on more pre-handwriting skills and even simple math work sheets.  Writing letters elicits cries of "Its HARD" and she says that her hand hurts, yet she can color for ages when she wants.  I allow her to use whatever she likes when writing.  I don't force a pencil now.  If she wants to use a crayon I let her.  Puzzle time meant losing a piece this week... still looking for it!  *sigh*
 
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Ask others for ideas.
 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We went and spent time at Great Wolf Lodge.  It was a blast.  We went with our friends Josh and Sarah who just happen to the the parents of Bear's "BFF."  Then on Saturday we then went and visited the Pioneer Farm Museum.  Here Bear was able to do real farm chores, including washing clothes on a wash board, milking a cow, carding wool, and even having fun with a blacksmith forge.  This is a MUST see.  If you are local in the area you MUST go visit. 
 
Oh, did I mention Halloween?  Yeah, Bear dressed as the new Disney princess "Brave" and found great fun in doing a little bit of trick or treating.
 
My favorite thing this past week was... watching Bear climb up into a hay loft and jump with joyful abandon into a pile of hay!  Her grin was from ear to ear.
 
What’s working/not working for us…  dominos for counting is working great.
 
Questions/thoughts I have… I need to gather more time in my day.....  I am trying to simplify and prioritize.
 
Things I’m working on… Letting go.... still
 
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!