Thursday, September 27, 2012

Overwhelming Thanks

I have much to be thankful for.  Decent health, a house to keep the approaching winter weather at bay, many creature comforts that so many in the world lack.  These are all material things.  Material things don't really provide us with happiness.  Yes, we are most thankful for them, but if they all disappeared tomorrow would all be lost? 

Job lost it all, yet he remained faithful.  Do you ever wonder at his faith and thankfulness amidst horrible trials?  Be serious, are you always thankful?  Do you ever falter in your faith and being thankful? 

I do.

A lot.

Life isn't always easy, nor is it always pleasant.  Sometimes life reeks, bad.  But a few things help me accomplish peace when faced with any number of trials.  It might not be right away, but when it happens I sure feel better.  Its like, giving it over is the big piece of the pie, and once I don't have that burden on me, my shoulders sag with relief. 

I am thankful that I am able to gain this understanding. 

God really is AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!