Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do you remember......

Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?  I do.  Its terrible that we can teach this history first hand.  When my daughter is older and she says do you remember momma?  I'll be able to remember the salty tears I cried.  The weeping I witnessed of little girls looking for their daddy.

So today we remember the day our nation cried. 

Do you remember where you were?  I do. 

I was watching the news.  I had the day off and was just leisurely watching the news when I seen the second plan hit the towers.  I couldn't believe it.  The world stopped in that instant.  The next several hours I watched with a mixture of awe and horror as one can only feel when they are witnessing such a tragic event.  I think most of us in the small town I was living in knew that day that our military would be going to war soon.  My heart ached for that as well.  So many lives lost, needlessly.  Families riped apart in one terrible act of hate and fear.    Then a few years later we began tp learn and hear that firemen and first responders/rescue personnel began to get sick; the band aid of our nations wound was torn off and we were bleeding once again.

Now, 11 years later, we can remember that day a bit more removed from it all, but it still moves me.  I can still remember, like it was yesterday, the little girl crying and begging for someone to please find her daddy.  Those are the faces and voices I remember. The mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children, spouses, and friends looking for a loved one that was in one of the towers that day.   The terrorist...  well I couldn't even tell you what those wimps looked like, nor do I care.  Its the innocents I remember.  So, for me, those that did this horrible act and tried to kill our Nations spirit and love, you aren't even a memory to us.  You didn't win that day, nor will you ever take away our spirit. 

Prayers for peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!