Sunday, August 12, 2012

Education at the Counter

We have had an abundance of kale in our garden.  I planted kale to use in juice and I had no idea how prolific it would produce.  Next year I will know better.  *grin*

I had seen several pins on Pinterest about kale chips and decided to make some.  They were really actually very easy to make.  I tried a couple different seasoning flavors for the two different batches that we made.

Bear and I rinsed our fresh picked kale and we placed our rinsed kale into our salad spinner.  After cleaning the kale I drizzled a little bit of olive oil on the kale and then Bear placed the kale on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  After we laid the kale out I let Bear sprinkle seasoning on it all.  I used an Italian season blend and later we used a garlic and Parmesan cheese blend. 

We baked the kale at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until they were crispy but not burnt. 

I thought they tasted alright.  Bear refused to eat them after the first bite.  *laugh*  I still plan to make some more with the hopes that she will develop a taste for them, but I do have to agree, they are nothing like pringles.  The two batches we have made so far were not very impressive, but not nasty tasting either, just different.



Have you tried kale chips yet?  Please share.

Next week education at the counter will share our recipe for A Momma's Semi-Homemade Tomato Soup and Yummy Grilled Cheese sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!