Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunshine on my shoulders

make me happy.  Sunshine always makes me glad.... 

What a wonderful, full, happy, sad, couple weeks it has been.


The Birthday Girl!
 
Sarah is now a bustling, excited, inquisitive 4 year old.  She had a Carnival party and it was a great success, though mommy didn't relax and have fun until about 45 minutes into it.  We were so far behind getting ready and still had no ice when the first of the guests arrived, but it was fun and most of all the kids had fun and that was the goal.  Sarah was very much showered with gifts from her friends.  Thank you each one!  All we wanted was your presence and you each did so much more!

I made her a bag for her nature supplies.  It was a big hit with her. 
Alligator stitching on Nature Bag
The outside of the nature bag


We have reaped a harvest twice from the garden.  Green beans are yummy.  Tonight or tomorrow it looks like I will need to even freeze some beans.  Yummy in the tummy even in the winter!  Our zucchinis, while not prolific yet, are producing and we even have some little squash that I keep telling Sarah to leave because they will be yummy in the fall when we pick pumpkins.  The carrots are not safe around her, she picks some every time we venture into the garden. 

Bob's cousin Les passed away a couple weeks ago.  He is missed by the entire family.  When you think of it, a prayer for Stella would be much appreciated.  Bob spent many a day with Les and Stella when he was growing up, and while we know Les is now at peace and no longer in discomfort, he is missed. 

All in all it has been a bumpy road strewn with wild flowers the past few weeks.
picking zukes! 8/12


Happy Tending!

 

Outside my window... warm sunshine winding down into a sunset and the sound of the sprinkler as it spins.

I am thinking... How fake some are.  How some people judge when they have a beam in their own eye as they comment on the speck in another and how I loath injustice....  the injustice of such behaviors....
I am thankful for... bathtubs

I am wearing...garden clothes

I am remembering... how fun it is to relax

I am going... to get dinner going....  DH got home late, Sarah is in the tub washing off the garden from her little body...
I am currently reading...just got my Charlotte Mason books in the mail!

I am hoping... to go for a scooter ride tomorrow
On my mind... the mean people but how sad that is.  I am glad we aren't allowed to be angry long.
Noticing that... Sarah is growing so fast again

Pondering these words... "Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world." Mother Theresa

From the kitchen... homemade ice cream

Around the house...splashes and giggles.  Warm chuckles from Daddy as two wonderful human beings share love and tales about their day.
One of my favorite things…the above!

Squash!





Silly Girl!  We eneded up with nearly a full basket of beans
 after they were snapped!

1 comment:

  1. My 4-year-old just commented "those green beans look yummy." What a harvest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!