Monday, February 24, 2014

The heart of a lion

 God has created everything, and for everything there is a season.  I can have courage in that.  Even when I seem to be surrounded by enemies and strife is tossed my way, I can be courageous and forge ahead.  I must!   Even when it seems I fail, fail, and fail again.   God is mindful, even when we aren't deserving.  His mercy is a wonderful, glorious thing.   Take heart and be of good courage my friends, God is with us


O LORD, our Lord,
            How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
            Who have displayed Your splendor above the heaven

From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength
            Because of Your adversaries,
            To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
            The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;

What is man that You take thought of him,
            And the son of man that You care for him?

(From Psalm 8)

Oh God, thank you for giving me mercy.  Thank you for understanding even when I don't.  Thank you for being mindful of my needs, even when I don't have the courage to voice them.  Who am I, Oh Lord, who I am?  Thank you for being my wise and wonderful Father.  I am unworthy, but I am proud to proclaim that I am your daughter.

God, when I consider the stars, the planets, the trees on our own hillsides, and even the tiny child within my embrace, who am I?  What have I done to make you care for me?  Yet you, dear LORD, care!  You care so much that you sent your ONLY son to live, die, be buried, and raise again so that I might partake in the promise.  I am humbled.   I grateful.  I sing your praise Father, I sing your praise!

Today I am reflecting on what courage and failure means.  How failure is not bad, but necessary.  This was brought up to me not just once but twice, by two unrelated people.  God did not create us to stay in a bubble He created us to impact the world.  Yes, sometimes we will feel like we fail, but we aren't really failing.  Not really.  Failing would be to never start in the first place.  Failing would be giving up.  Failing would be hardening your heart against everyone. 

Take courage.  If something doesn't work out, try again, maybe a different direction is what is needed.  God gives us nothing we can't overcome if we rely on him.  I read a blog recently about a woman who lost all three of her children 17 years ago.  Its unimaginable, yet God has gotten her through that fiery furnace and she has given ALL glory to him.  Another friend recently shared the story of her friend Ms. Wheel Chair America, Jenny Adams.  Jenny is an amazing child of God and her story of a lifetime of courage gives us courage.

So, I am reflecting on courage, how God is mindful of our wants, our concerns, our hopes, and even our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!