From our first couple weeks a few things are apparent.
- Strict schedules are a work in progress.
- Bear has my bad trait of a short patience, alas.
- I need to set boundaries with others.
- We MUST start our day before 8:30 am or its shot... Yep.
- I need to be ok with not following my goals for the week. (This year I am trying more structure in our week).
- Limit activities.
- Remain flexible, always.
- Breakfast is not an option.... its a must.
- If we take a break after 10 am, its harder to get back into the groove.
- Bear loves the idea of learning to read. I am so proud of her, she read, with very little help, a Level 1 book in her reading group (friends that are all roughly the same ability and age that meet once a month to share a book).
- Each day must have art ....
How do you get ready for the week ahead?