Monday, April 15, 2013

The Laundry List

There has been a laundry list of things Bear has learned with her cousins.  It has been fun!

We kind of put "formal" learning on hold while we did "social learning" with cousins.  At least I thought we were putting learning on spring break, but I was wrong!  Very very wrong.  Those of you with more than one child already know that playing with siblings or other family members develop skill sets, but those of us with an only can only gaze with wonder at the imaginative play that can develop when children are allowed to play, mostly unhindered by time and space. 

Nothing we did could be called non-educational, even rousing games of Mario Cart taught Bear skills.  Her imagination leaped into overdrive as she and her cousins, Wonder Boy  and Spy Boy, began elaborate stories and play.  We learned about swords, shields, battle axes, and had many days filled with adventures in the house and outside as they explored wilds created in their world.  It gladdened my heart and encouraged my spirit to see their rough and tumble play full of learning and adventures.  I am going to be sad to see my brother and his family leave. 

 Children's children [are] the crown of old men; and the glory of children [are] their fathers.  Proverbs 17:6
 
For Grammie this verse holds weight as she interacts with her grandchildren and witnesses their play together.  My father's crown are running amongst the weeds in the yard, playing spies and dragon slayers in the fallow of the garden soil......  I think my Dad would be smiling if he could see them.  No greater legacy can a man leave.   
 
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4
 
The crusading trio!
Photo credit Trunks Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!