Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cattywampus

Bear doesn't have a lot of warm and fuzzy thoughts for smoothies yet.  I am at a loss.  I am skipping her smoothie today and tomorrow when neither of us have to be up early and out of the house before the sun is hardly up I will see how she does again and without carrots and spinach.  Maybe I will have to gradually add more.  If you have thoughts on it please, by all means, let me know!

 
 
In our homeschool this past week…
 
Kites.  We have been making paper kites!  We had a lot of wind on Friday and got to witness our weather station spinning so much that the rain gauge went cattywampus! (Hows that for a fun word to write!?)
 
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Check Goodwill and other used stores for books!  We picked up a Real Science 4 Kids book that will save us some money.  We paid eighty-cents! 
 
Consistency.....  but also adaptability are keys.
 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
 
Entertaining aunts with chatter!
 
My favorite thing this past week was...
Playing badminton in the living room!
 
What’s working/not working for us…
I am seriously close to putting up all the toys and packing them away....  until she eats her smoothies! 
 
Questions/thoughts I have…
I am trying to get the Northwest Untest scheduled.  I would like a good baseline of where we are academically.
 
Things I’m working on…
To be quiet and listen.
 
Just 17 days until our Real Food Pledge!
 
How is your week?


5 comments:

  1. When my son was seriously ill and couldn't eat food, I made a million smoothies. If you add ice cream it somehow makes the rest better. When she enjoys them cutdown ice cream until you don't need to add it. Steve loved banana, peanut butter and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an idea. I can make homemade icecream so I control the ingredients. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Sit out ingredients and let her fill the blender and turn it on! My daughter will add avocado, spinach, flaxseed - things she won't even eat! I let her add cocoa powder to turn it all chocolate and frozen bananas or strawberries keep it cold like a milkshake! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!