|The two Bears dancing among the lady bugs, |
dragonflies, butterflies and wildflowers.
Life is wonderful when you allow
yourself to smell the dandelions.
- Energy. While being the Mom to an adventurous Bear calls for a barrel full of energy, it gives me energy too. She keeps me active and moving.
- Being a Mom makes me smarter. I am being constantly asked questions and as she gets older a lot of them I don't know and have to find out. I learn right along with her in this homeschool journey.
- Her desire to share her love of new found knowledge. She loves sharing her knowledge with others, and it generally takes very little encouragement for her to do so.
- Cuddles. Yeah, I still get cuddles and requests for hugs and kisses and I hope it never stops! I will never tire of holding my baby girl. Bear hugs and cuddles can't be beat.
- People don't think I am crazy if I am playing sword fights in a park with a stick. If I wasn't a Mommy and was randomly swishing a stick around people might avoid me or call the cops. Instead they shoot me an indulgent smile and walk on.
- Other Moms. Yep, I wouldn't know some really awesome women if I wasn't a mommy. Take Kathy for instance. She's another homeschool mom and an inspiration. She is older than me (but not by much) and exhibits such joy despite some personal stuff. When I see her with her sons and how she allows her sons to explore I am inspired and renewed. I don't know if you are reading this Kathy but thank you.
- I can buy corn dogs, and no one questions it. I can buy them or make them and eat them too. No one questions it. *laugh*
- Understanding. I understand my own Mom better. We also get along a lot better then when I was young. We are both moms and she is a Grandma now. She can relax and watch me struggle through these crazy quilt days. Luckily I have a great support system in my spouse and my mom. She didn't have the extended family support and I can imagine how crazy those crazy days with 3 wild children were. She and my father were amazing in raising us. Perfect? No, but perfectly what God thought we needed and what they needed to be. Being a Mom has nailed home the fact that no parent is perfect and we do the best we can at the time with what we have; skills, patience, and so the list goes on. Yeah, understanding is a big one.
- Endurance. I have learned that I can endure a lot. Labor was hard but there are worse things. Enough said.
- Laughter. From watching my wild Bear dancing to ZZ Top and Janis Joplin to listening to her belt out Our God is an Amazing God in the middle of Safeway she brings me laughter. I also have to laugh when things don't go smoothly. Its all about us growing, right?
Linking up today (Wed 8/1/12) with: Mercyinkblog.com Blog Linky. Thank you!