Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Under the winter sky

The winter is upon us and I don't know about you but our garden is done for the season. Looking forward to spring and the new growth we will see.

Sarah has new growth daily it seems, that garden is thriving, praise God. We love whales right now and are fascinated by their beauty, especially Orcas. Her mind amazes me. She is like a sponge, which is why now, more than ever it's important that we mind our manners and P's and Q's. Little minds pick up on everything. I've been embarrassed already when she has said something in public that is just copying what her daddy and I say or what some little friend does. Like when she said in a very loud voice as Daddy left to use the restroom, "is Daddy taking a wiz Mommy?" or like when we are waiting to pull out into traffic and she will say from the back seat, "OK PEOPLE" exactly like I do (which I don't even think about--oh-oh). Our habits become her habits, so now more than ever the garden needs to be tended and watered with great care and attention to the details. I'm just waiting for her to pipe up some day at church and tell her Daddy, "can we drop the kids off?" :-)

Happy Tending

1 comment:

  1. Raising children is a job. Being tentative to our behaviors as much as theirs can be a lot of work too.

    One thing I noticed raising my daughter is if you are self-conscious from the start everything falls into place for proper lifestyle.

    However, they do have a mind of their own. Also, they are exposed to the outside world. The best you can do is teach, teach and teach some more. Answer the questions in a smart way.

    They will turn out however they turn out despite all the hard work. All you can do is your best and know that you did your best in raising them.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!