Monday, March 18, 2013

Dinner Last Night

Last night we ate Chicken strips (marinated in garlic and baked), spring greens (organic), and Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa.   While the chicken was baking I made "Black Beans and Quinoa" and guacamole for the salad.  When I completed the quinoa and we were ready to eat I made a bed of organic spring greens and put the chicken on top, sprinkled with some white cheddar cheese, topped with the guac and then some sliced olives.  The quinoa dish I adapted to what I had on hand from this recipe here.   

My recipe.... 


Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa
Olive oil
1/2 of an onion--diced
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 a habanero pepper
1 cup of organic rinsed quinoa
1 pint jar of tomatoes (1 can)--chopped
2 cups of black beans (1 can)
1 t Chili powder
1 t Cumin
2 cups of chicken broth

Directions:  In a large skillet sauté onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil.  Add diced pepper after about 2 minutes add rinsed quinoa, mix up and then add tomatoes and black beans.  Add chili powder and cumin.  Lastly add chicken broth.

Cook/simmer about 15-20 minutes and then remove from heat and allow to set and rest for 5 minutes.  Fluff a bit and serve.

It tasted almost exactly like spanish rice. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!