Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday....

Monday madness has struck again.  Well, not really madness, just a realization this week I failed on the first day of the week to rise at my hoped 5:30 am.  I was just so very tired, and turned off my alarm when it went off for the second time.  I had plans to just sleep a few more minutes and get up, but we all know how that goes.  Two hours later Bear is singing "cock-a-dooddly-do!"  My saving grace is that tomorrow is a new day, and I can go forward. 

That is so true in much of our lives.  Failing doesn't mean giving up and never trying again.  If we fail we get back up and dust ourselves off and try again.  God commands us to strive forward.  Looking to what we did yesterday doesn't help anyone, it even hinders the repentance process.  Yes we need to remember it, but we shouldn't dwell on it.  Sometimes we dwell, thinking we can't possibly be good enough for God to love and care about and never move past that into changing and moving forward.   He is able to forgive, we need to be able to forgive as well. 

We made kimchee yesterday.  Its a long process, and finally about 9 pm last night I got it into the final jar for the fermenting process to begin for a few days.  Hubs is rather excited.  Bear helped to cut much of the cabbage.  I added nappa cabbage, turnips, carrots, bokchoy, ginger, and garlic.  Our house smells pretty fragrant right now.  Its a different smell, but not a bad smell.  Just different. 

Today we are making bread (started already thanks to my Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day-- new batch started yesterday), maybe making laundry soap if I get my rear in gear enough, and the never ending pile of laundry that seems to materialize out of thin air.  Also, throwing in some play time, reading, and math.

So that has been my Monday so far.  Tomorrow is a new day and we can look forward to doing right the rest of today and starting new tomorrow.  To that end, signing off....  Have a wonderful Monday.

Leaving you with a poem by Sister Connie, a lady at our church, please visit her blog at Gifted by the Spirit.  She is a strong woman of God, after His heart.

You're able

You're able
to love completely.

You're able,
my sins to forgive.

You're able to
heal the sickly,

and able
to make the dead live.

You're able
 to bring to justice.

Lord theres nothing
too hard for you...

What for man
 is impossible,

You're able
with ease to do.

Sister Connie W.
Read Eph 3:20 and Heb 7:25

Check out more of Sister Connie's poems at Gifted by the Spirit.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!