Saturday, January 5, 2013

Be a helper.....

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."--Mr. Fred Rogers

These thoughts were really running around my head a few weeks ago.  I think many people have had a trying autumn: Spiritually difficult, financially hard, and emotionally rocky.  I have tried to look toward those people that are helping others, many times trying to fly under the radar, not drawing out attention to their "deeds". 

Take heart my friend.  Even when tragedy strikes God provides us with helpers.  These are people helping because they are called.  They do it even when no one sees what they are doing.

Take comfort gentle friends, and be a helper to those that have a need today.   Have you seen helpers working in your community? 

I also want to thank each of you today for the prayers you have said for my new baby niece Vidalia.  She was born about 6 weeks early, weighing 5 lbs 4 oz.  Her early first few days were touch and go, but at last report her prognosis is looking up.  She is off the oxygen now.  The medical staff still has a couple concerns but things are looking good.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY! 

Continue to pray that somehow God uses this little girl and her healing to prove to the medical staff and others there that He is in control and reigns!


Vidalia 1/1/2013
Happy Birthday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!