Tuesday, October 9, 2012

To the one I love

On this day, 8 years ago I said "I do" and I still do. I still promise to love and honor, through all things, good and bad. I even promise to obey because love wants to listen and give you my ear.

I have heard many vows over the years and I have heard traditional ones messed with. A sibling even promised to cater to his spouses every need. I don't need or even want that. Our vows reflected our very real love and understanding that God was the head of our union, that we are each living and breathing people with minds and needs. We promised that the two would become one and I certainly have tried to remember that, as have you (maybe better than I could hope to do).

I am blessed beyond words. God seen what I needed as a spouse and he created the perfect one for me in you. I never regret us becoming one. You are a wonderful husband and a great daddy. You provide for our every need and that includes the mental needs we have. The needs which really matter at the end of the day. Do I feel loved and accepted? I can honestly say:

I DO
 



1 comment:

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!