Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Naming our homeschool

We really need a name for our homeschool.  Many times organizations ask for it.  So far I have just used our last name, which makes for an exciting name, but quirky too I guess.  I want something that we will stick with through out our homeschool lives. 

Our current homeschool name is "The White House School House"  --I must mention, we do indeed live in a WHITE house.  Well, the trim isn't going to be white much longer...... 

Some ideas we are throwing around....

The Tiny Schoolhouse (we do live in a tiny house--850 sq feet)
Adventure Land School
Clifford's School (Bear's favorite from the scholastic book series on Clifford the big red dog)
White House Academy
Raspberry Field Learning (our abundance of raspberries--a weak moment I know--not really in the running)

Anyway, those are a few of the ideas we are throwing around as we get ready for the new year. 

Oh, and did you know as a homeschooler you might be able to get the teacher/educator discount at Joann's Fabric?  I am going to apply for it, they sometimes have really cool kits and its about the only place to get some craft supplies without mail order.

Do you have a name for your homeschool?  I have found that at times organizations want to be able to call you something, not just a homeschooler, so it helps them fill in the squares in their little forms and makes the file system happier.






3 comments:

  1. We are Pathways Academy. Taken from the Robert Frost poem The Road Not Taken.

    I feel like as homeschoolers we are taking the path less traveled and hopefully that will make all the difference! :)

    I like White House Academy. Keep in mind you want to use something that will still fit your homeschool even years down the road (think college applications, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is Hubs favorite and mine this far as well. But I think we are also 100% open to suggestions. I want something that will be with us for the next 13 years or so..... :-)

      Delete
    2. White House Academy seems perfect for you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!