Thursday, July 12, 2012

Give Thanks in ALL

Even when times are bad.....  Yep, even when the times are bad we are to give thanks and that's when it helps the most to think about some of the blessings (even when they don't seem like it at the time) we have been given.

Each petal was lovingly
thought and designed by God...
so the same is true of every
 aspect of our lives.
I was recently invited out and because I have made a promise to myself to try to be real, to edify more, etc.,  didn't even feel bad truning them down.  Two months ago I would have jumped all over myself to be included, hungering so much for whatever friendship people were throwing my way, and now I'm not.  I am worthy of true friends, that care about me, want to spend time with me and seek God!  Thank you Lord!

Ok, even though the city has ticked me off, it has speeded up our efforts to do some things around here, so I will count that as a blessing.  The Dandelion Menance, while still present, is slowly slipping away, for the most part.  *grin*  We kinda like them so will never be completely rid of them.

A network of blogging buddies who are helping me to keep on track for my June goal of two posts a week  (this doesn't really count). 

My little girl for the giggles she provides.  I mean who can not giggle when she tells a funny to her tale!?  I admire her imagination and creativity.

My husband, as always, for putting up with me as I struggle with the day in day out pains.  But even the pain I am thankful for.  It means I have been granted more time to be refined!  Thank you God, the Father and CREATOR of ALL things.


I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my afflication
and knew the angusih of my soul. 
Psalm 31:7

Linked with



8 comments:

  1. So happy to see you over here at THANKFUL THURSDAY sharing your grateful heart. We have so many things to be thankful for, even the small stuff. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and we do have many things to b ethankful for, even the things we might consider a hardship right now.... Thank you.

      Delete
  2. So true... Our life is a prayer of thanks - no matter what is happening we need to give a sacrifice of praise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet thankful list. Oh I feel the same way about dandelions. I learned that if you pull the flowers roots and all you can eventually get rid of them. Alternatively just hack the flowers off as soon as they appear. A little easier you don't have to even pick 'em up. Laughingly on my quilt to do list I am doing a dandelion quilt. Crazy me! BTW it is a little like mopping for me! Thank you for coming by my blog today. I'll be writing more post about God and me and mopping tomorrow. Come back by to see how he showed me his love.
    Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and blessings to you as well. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!