Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I think I will try having a post a few times a month where I sit down and write what I am thankful for.  It will give me time to sit back and reflect on the good, sweeping the bad up with the rubbish and throwing it away.  Sometimes we have to do that so we can try to move on, so in an effort to tend to my garden its another step I am taking.  A day to reflect on the good. 

Today I am Thankful For....

  • In Ephesians 4:7 we are told that ...to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.  I remain always thankful for that gift.  It was this gift which sealed God's grace and mercy toward me.  I accepted the gift that Christ gave when he died, was buried and rose again on the third day, and each day I acknowledge that gift.  This is the most important thing I can pass on to my daughter.
  • I am thankful for having my best friend for a spouse.  He loves me, encourages me, and helps me in those bad times where I need to be able to see the positive and the other side of the story.
  • Brownies.  Yes I am thankful for  Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownies.  I think as far as a boxed mix these are the best, so I am thankful for this special treat.
  • Baseball and hot dogs.  No explanation necessary. 
  • Peonies.  One of my favorite flowers;  truly.
  •  Marking something off the "To Do List."  It really feels good to take the pen and scratch off the task we were all dreading.  The task that actually ended up being a piece of cake because we looked at it with the right frame of mind.  Attitude is really 3/4ths of the battle.
1 John 4:7-8  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!