Thursday, January 10, 2013

We are blessed

You know.  I mean we really are.  I am so thankful for that.  Sometimes while in the fray of raising children, homeschooling, work, and life its easy to forget.

We know so many people facing challenges, some seemingly insurmountable.  Childhood cancer, birth defects, learning disabilities, lack of job, housing issues, general health issues that really are debilitating, and we have been spared anything like this in our walk.  Not because of who we are, or anything like that, it just hasn't been what God has put before us. 

He never gives us more than we can handle.  He really doesn't.  I look at parents we know, even within our family, that have faced one of the above.  Before the unthinkable, they never knew the strength God would give them.  Most learned in many instances to rely heavily on God.  Sometimes there just wasn't any other option.  God gives us buckets of strength, we just have to accept it. 

Which brings me to....

I really want our family to work hard on being "hospitable" this year.  Helping and showing the love of God to others either through a meal, a place to stay, a friendly hug or help driving to a medical appointment.  I think its part of our simplification process; not just thinking about our needs and wants, but being mindful of others.  I think this helps one to see how God is working in their life and giving one so much to be thankful for.  Our word is about being in tune with God and what he wants for our life.  To do that we need to remove the clutter of our selfishness. 


At church last night we had guest speakers from an organization I think has a wonderful concept and I think almost 60 years at it, proves it can work;  N.M. Christian Children's Home in Portales.  We aren't wealthy, but we will be doing some brainstorming as a family on how we can help.  I urge you to check out their organization and pray about it.  If you can help, I truly believe this is an organization doing God's good work, giving all glory to Him. 

This week I cleaned off one 8'x4' section of shelving for homeschool games, books, work boxes, etc.  Oh this new method is so much better.  I was struggling so much with daily work boxes, and now I have made them into bins of subjects and then I can just pull it off the shelf and all the things we need are right there.  It has made our January so much easier this far.  I know, we are very early into the month. 

Did you do any big revamps this month?  I love hearing about all the things people do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!