Tuesday, December 31, 2013

You say you want a resolution?

On the horizon 2014 is dawning and the light of 2013 is waning quickly.  The dust hasn't yet settled but I am still revisiting some things we had hoped to accomplish in 2013.

We did indeed move, and through that move God taught us some valuable lessons.  God stood beside us and gave us strength while we traveled the road 2013 led us on.  We have been forced to work on simplifying our life.  We still have things to work on, but this last year has given us many reasons to know that the things we think we need really aren't what we need.  What's important are the people and the relationships we have. 

Bear did so much this fall toward spreading joy to others.  She really was very excited about it and when the day is done, that is where true wealth lies.  She--and all other children-- is the future.  If we instill a loving heart in our children we have indeed gained wealth; a wealth far richer than gold.

I have been giving 2014 some thought.  I wondered about the one word thing and just couldn't do it because what I really want to work on, for me personally, is to be the woman God wants me to be and to have a heart seeking after Him.   To that end I am working on a few things:

Getting my health in order.
Its not about being thin, its about being healthier and ok in my skin.    I posted about this earlier with the changes our family will be making in our eating.  I think, after years of denial, I am experiencing a few food intolerances that are creeping up on me as I get older.  I need to get a handle on these before they rob me of health completely.  If my health is better than I can focus more on what I need to do to get my heart more centered on God.

Working on the beatitudes.
The beatitudes can be found in Christ's sermon on the mount in Matthew 5:3-10.
Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
If I can work on this daily, I will be doing good. 

Kind of in this vein, but not entirely is my desire to begin reading a proverbs a day on every month that has 30 days.  I will start in January, even though it has 31 days because February is a short month.  I use to read my Bible daily, and had so much more peace when I did and I wish to get back to that. 

The year ahead is a clean slate.  Its up to you what you make of it.  You can forge ahead and blaze a trail all your own, or stay right where you are.  The choice is yours. 

 
 


4 comments:

  1. Kim,

    You're spot on. Great post. I hit that wall a few years back. Got off track and back on last year, then fell completely off the track. I'm back.

    One thing I did accomplish this past Summer: getting certified as a life coach. A lot of people choose to be in denial about themselves. Eventually, they will hit the wall and need help to renew. I'm available for that. I facilitate bridging the gap by helping remove obstacles that hold us back.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. You're right, getting off track in life is easy, getting back on track... well that takes a overcomer! God calls us to be overcomers!

      Delete
  2. Lovely words! So glad to know this side of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I work and pray daily to be what he wants for me to be.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments with me. It means a lot. Thank you!